Real Incomes - True $$$

Friday, December 7, 2007

Visits to Nandurbar District of Maharashtra, India


My Second Trip to Nandurbar
(Nov-14-2007 till Dec-03-2007):

Ok, this time I got a little more time to see the place under the microscope. Hmm... I'll not feel afraid to tell that a second look did changed my idea about the place though not completely. Also, the best part in this visit is that I just started to learn driving a four wheeler and was barely able to manage the steering of a Scorpio which my office provides me while I'm on tour.
Remember, last time I wrote that there are two parks out here. The first is "Dandapani" (One of the many names of Lord Shiva - a hindu God) park. It is about 2 miles or 3.2 km on the way to "Sakri". One has to walk the distance or take his own mode of transport to reach there but the walk is worth it.

The park is amazing with beautifully landscaped garden and manicured leafs and a small toy train. The little kid inside myself just couldn't resist itself from takin a joy ride. (Suussshhh, this is the only place in Nandurbar where you'll find good looking girls and a candy feast for your tired eyes. I wasn't able to resist ogling - call me a lecher if you so wish...)

The second park is named "Krishna (again the name of a hindu God) Park". It is about 2.5 miles or 4 km on the way to "Dhule". You need to strain your legs again or be ready to shell out Rs 50.00 one way to reach here. It abodes a small ashram and a temple which belongs to the Lord Shiva and a small sanctuary and a play ground for the small ones.

The best thing about this park is it has got a small natural lake with facilities for boating. The worst part is that boating is allowed just for 15 minutes in one sitting. Boating and I wouldn't go for, It'd never happen though I don't know swimming and terribly afraid of water...
Ask me which of the two parks I'd prefer and I'll vote for "Dandapani Park" when I need to ogle and "Krishna Park" if I ever need to spend some quite quality time with my girlfriend (who'll be never there beside me as there is no one).

As I have written earlier, the place itself is just filled with hillocks and small thorny vegetation. The main source of earning being farming and cattle grazing which includes sheep, goat, horses & donkeys. I managed to take out time to barge inside (and I'd love to do it again and again) a sugarcane field and get some for my thirsty throat, picked wild berries and ate raw spring onions and cucumber. People still use a bullock cart for transportation. I was fascinated by the idea of using this mode but time restricted me from doing so. The next time (God save me from) I visit this place, I'll surely put up a picture of mine enjoying a Joy ride in a bullock cart...




My First trip to Nandurbar district of Maharashtra
(Oct-23-2007 till Nov-3-2007):



Recently I got a chance to visit a small district (rather new district which was separated from the original district of 'Dhule' about 4 years back) in the state of Maharashtra - 'Nandurbar'.
Nandurbar is about 11 hours distance, by daily bus from Pune and about 6 hours by train from Mumbai which is available bi-weekly.
The place is full of hillocks, small thorny vegetation, and big 'Jowar' fields under the scorching sun.

The main occupation here is cattle farming and there is no shortage of milk here.
You can get your daily needs from the corner grocery shop and unfortunately the 'Mall - Culture' hasn't arrived here yet.
There are two cinema theatre (one Screen each) here. I took out the time to push myself inside one named 'Amar Talkies' with 1974 proudly imbided into its walls, to see the movie 'Red Swastik' on the very last day of my visit.

Also, there are two small parks (I heard of them) which I never got a chance to see.
More so, my visit was an official one and I hardly ever found time time for a tour except from my hotel to The Windfarm site and back.

The Hotel 'Hotel Gourav palace'- the best available in Nandurbar will offer you a A/C room for Rs 510.00 and a non A/C room for Rs 310.00 per day and no concessions and not including food which will just cost you same as in a 5-star in Mumbai. Also, be ready for a fight with bed bugs during the whole night...
Lastly, I'd say Do NOt visit this place unless you are a nature lover and in need of mental peace...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice description of this little - out-of-a-map village. Are you a professional Tourist guide?

Google