Real Incomes - True $$$

Monday, March 17, 2008

When Blogging is No Longer Fun!

I used to enjoy every bit of my blogging life until I decided to monetize it. :) Only then I realized that to get more opportunities to write advertisements, I need to have PR, heavy traffic or site visits, links and etc. So, I tried my best. I remember there was a day, when I didn't do anything else but applied in several directories and forums. I did all the tags , exchanged links and etc. as they said it will increase technorati and stuff.
So, in other words, the 'fun' in blogging diminished since I was already so serious in doing it..where it became "work". I would be so busy bloghopping because I 'needed' to have a lot of links and etc. It would have been better if I got a lot of opportunities or approved blogs from my 'work'. But nothing much happened except another for 3-4 sponspored posts after all the hard work ( in other words, naning kau ko). I also applied for other get paid to blog sites but there were no tasks available for me,.
And then the time came, when I got my tiny weeny PR1. So, I thought it was an opportunity for me to apply again for the 'best' get paid to post site (where I heard they have a lot of opportunities for bloggers). But then a few days later my PR went back to zero. So I thought that my application for the said site must be rejected again because of my zero PR. And just a few days ago, I received an email from them and said that my blog has been declined because of ..... lack of original content!..hahaha! Joker! then I thought, it must be because of the several tags, viral links, meme and etc. that I've done. I became sad a bit because I lost my chance of earning from that site.
So, in summary it was only when I decided to monetize my blog that I've felt these 'frustrations', 'discouragements' and etc..hehehe! not that deep, but I think you understand what I'm trying to say. My focus and motive has completely changed that's why. Maybe if I didn't decide to monetize my blog, I should have been happily blogging myself away without all these ups and downs.
I'm sure the next question in your mind right now would be : Would I be continuing to monetize my blog? And the answer would be Yes! But I think I will have to shift my motive now right back to where it once belong. I'm blogging because it's fun! It makes me express my thoughts, share my views and ideas and meet new friends. I'm not blogging just for the money. If I make that my main motive, it'll dampen my joy since, it'll create pressure for me..trying to let my blog make money when it's not yet in the capacity to do so. So, I resolved that when opportunities to make money come, I'll take it ..if not, then I won't have to try that hard to get it. No hard work and no pressures for me and then it'll continue to be fun!!

No comments:

Google